Monday 23 April 2012

Kool-Aid Girl

Okay so this weekend I did something silly and decided to highlight my hair with Kool-Aid. YES I did say Kool- Aid and YES it did turn out, I love it. Anyways I will spill the details. One sunny Saturday afternoon Kelcie, my little sister and I were at the local save on food going down the juice isle when we came across the Kool-Aid stand. Now for a long time I have wanted to do something a little funky and unexpected to my hair but I still wanted it to be appropriate for work, so I decided I wanted to do peak-a-boo highlights in pink. Both Kelcie and I went home with two packs of cherry Kool-Aid. Now you’re probably thinking where did I get the idea from and actually I have dyed my hair with Kool-Aid before. When I was about ten and it was for Halloween, the only thing is I wish I knew that when you have blonde hair and you try to turn it blue it actually goes green. But anyways, As soon as I got home I searched "How to Dye your hair with Kool-Aid" on YouTube and a bunch of hilarious videos of 12 year girls dying their hair with Kool-Aide came up and you know what They really do a great job and there methods work.

The end picture with the pink ends is of my sister.  

How to Dye your hair with Kool-Aide
(p.s dying your hair this way only works if you have fair hair)


Step One: You will need: Two pack of  sugar free Kool-Aid in which every colour you want,  A paint Brush, Conditioner, I teaspoon of water, a small bowl, rubber gloves, tin foil, Hair brush.

Step Two: Empty out two packages of Kool-Aid in the bowl add your water and two tablespoons of conditioner and mix very well.
Step Three: Brush hair free from knots. Choose the hair you would like to have coloured.

Step Four: With gloves on take small sections of hair that you want coloured and put over tinfoil, apply colour with paint brush. Then when painted fold tin foil and move on to the next strand.
Step Five: Timing now I only left mine on for two hours and it turned out to be a very pretty peachy- pinky but you can keep it in also long as you like. I know people keep it in overnight.

Step Six: When you have decided you can keep it in any longer rinse with cold water. No shampoo. Then blow dry. Dont shampoo hair for 24 hours.


This Is really something fun to do for Spring and Summer.

P.S went to work today and didn't even get in trouble. HELL YEAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment